Kaylee Peters and the Nervous Lady
Kaylee frowned at the crumpled bedspread. It didn't really faze her anymore, the whole unemployed, living on the edge thing.
She shrugged and finished zipping up her jeans before moving two feet to the left, where her sink was.
She plucked a somewhat clean mug from the sink and filled it with water.
Taking a sip, Kaylee took a seat at her table. She read through the paper form last week. She really needed to get out of her apartment.
Her door bell rang.
"Mrs. Kaylee Peters?" came a high-pitched woman's voice; it sounded rushed and nervous.
Kaylee stood up, paper in hand, and opened the door. The well-dressed woman on the other side looked very relieved.
"Oh, thank God," she said before grabbing Kaylee's arm. "Come on, they're all waiting for you at the shoot! I was so hoping you'd be better today. I mean," she glanced at Kaylee nervously, but the woman soon realized that the words had gone completely over Kaylee's head. Which was a good thing.
Kaylee blinked sharply in the sunlight. She glanced back at her door, noticing that she had been living in what appeared to be a silver trailer, not an apartment. Befuddled as the woman shut the door and took the newspaper from her, Kaylee tried to listen to the woman's nervous rambling–something, anything that she could make sense of.
"Jackson says the lighting is just perfect for filming right now. Luckily, I booked it all for today, because nobody's been able to get you to open the door for over a week! I thought that they were going to terminate your contract, Kaylee! You really can't do this lock yourself thing–it's fine for teenage visionaries, but a huge no-no for big, busy Hollywood stars, okay?"
She looked to Kaylee for some sort of promise; instead, Kaylee stopped walking and asked, "Who are you?"
The woman stopped, and her brow furrowed with disappointment–as though she had expected Kaylee to snap out of it and behave better, whatever "it" was. "Oh, honey, this again?"
Who are these characters? I don't know. I feel bad for Andrea, the Nervous Lady, who can't seem to grasp that her star is seriously messed up in the head....
~Hammeh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment