APPLES, APPLES, EVERYWHERE.
I grew up eating Gala apples, then we changed to Fuji for a bit. But I kept trying different kinds of apples. It's more about finding the one that meshes with your personality. I know that's weird, and it doesn't make sense until you've had your perfect apple.That's all lovies!
For me, Galas are kind of dry, and what does "gala" mean anyways? Isn't it like a party or an event? I think so. That's not really me, if you know me, you know I'm not a party person. I love the idea of a party, but only when you can have lots of fun and be silly. A gala is more of a black-tie event, and Lord knows I am not black-tie material.
Fuji apples are okay. They're nice a crisp, but the taste is kind of bland, and the skin isn't very tasty. Which I guess is really funny if you think about the fact that the inside is "bursting" with juice, right? Kind of like Mount Fuji, haha. But the skin is all blech and tasteless, and do you think lava would have a taste? I feel like it would be super hot watermelon, if you can imagine such a thing. But maybe it's tricking me, and really, lava tastes like the inside of a Fuji apple, which makes sense, bland taste, lava would have a bland taste, it being molten rock and all. ((I don't mean to offend, because I know that some people regard Mount Fuji as sacred, and I apologize if you do take offense. It wasn't intended.))
Red Delicious apples literally taste like paper to me. Not even cardboard, because cardboard has some sort of flavor--don't ask. But paper? Yeah, that's Red Delicious alright. That name always cracked me up, because--well, let me start off with the fact that when I went to private school, that's all they ever served and that's all we private school kids ever ate. Anyway, I think it's funny because it reminds me of a crayon color, do you remember those crayons that went by such ridiculous names like mac-n-cheese? I don't know about you, but my mac-n-cheese was all different colors, but that's beside the point. Red Delicious apples are about as tasteful as those four-crayon boxes you used to get in Happy Meals. And by that, you know what I mean, 'cause those crayons never lasted.
Next in our line up is the Granny Smith apple which I absolutely would not eat anything else but them for a while. But the phase, though long, was unremembered. Alas.
So, after searching for years, this year I came across my Apple. Well, for now, we shall see if my tastes change, though I really love this one. Okay, my goal is to try as many types of apples as I possibly can, because, as I mentioned ((perhaps it was not warning enough?)) I love, love, love APPLES.
[[Sorry, I just ate an apple seed, whoops. At least, I think I did....?]]
Weird story: I'm a total fangirl for "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. I was reading fanfiction on the story, and one of the characters (Crowley, the serpent from the Garden of Eden) mentioned Pink Lady Apples.
I had to try them.
And now? I'M HOOKED.
My favorite type of apple? PINK LADY APPLES.
~Hammeh

No comments:
Post a Comment