26.5.10

Flight of a Soul

Two week mark! Hooray!~ :D Check out the coast of Ireland via satellite! Isn't it beautiful?? It's Phytoplankton blooming in the North Atlantic!~

Twang

Today, I'm focused on the pink of your tongue.
On the inner reflection of your glasses,
and the heartbeat you say doesn't exist.

I know you better than all of these things.

Your middle finger curves outward,
smooth as a dorsal fin.
The taste of honey and ash in your mouth,
putrefying in the creases of your lips and the dip of your tongue.
Like a flash of pink and gray and gold, sweet gold.

Silent as the rush of mice feet against the baseboard,
I'll watch and see, and see and fly.
Within your soul, exists another.

Wings like mammoth fur wrapped in sheaths,
explode!

The muscles of your back, of your tongue, of your soul,
flex.
A heartbeat, a wing beat, a single backwards glance,
and you come tumbling back to green lands and cerulean waters.

Tumbling back.
Into my arms.


~Hammeh

No comments: