13.5.10

The Beginning

There is a point at which I realize that I have not been writing, and that hurts because I've loved to write all of my life. This past week I have been trying to help my brother in writing his first paper, and I cannot help but wonder if I was as ADD as he has been.


Sure, I know I'm ADD and I have been since second grade (incidentally, the same time I started writing), but I'm talking about the difference between us. I believe that the difference here is that I loved to read when I was little (and I still do!) and that writing an essay was as much my chance at writing a book as I could get at the time. Being able to find what makes the book work as a story and as a greater theme is really cool. I wish my brother understood how important writing is, because he believes that he'll never have to do it later in life. I believe in a lot of things, but most importantly that everyone should be able to read and write. If they have that opportunity before them, they should seize it!


Back to my original point, which was I have not been writing. I set up this blog years ago, and I never used it. I'm taking the challenge this summer to try to write something every day--no matter what it is--because I need to get my style back in shape.


And I should write something every day.


Cheers!


Hammeh

No comments: