22.5.10

Orange Street

I realized that in about three weeks, I'm not going to have internet for a week, BUT I will continue this on paper and upload the all the missing days the day I get back. :]

The Sunny Side
The fir tree on the other side of the lake has been talking to me.
It's been asking about you.

But then I remember how you're allergic to fir, or fur, or something like that?
And I think that maybe I shouldn't be so honest with it.

It mentioned yesterday how much you liked candy canes,
and how in the chill of winter, you would hang them,
all over it's branches--the ones you could still reach.

And we talked about summer, and the concrete-damp weather,
and how it cast shadows like fishing nets over your sun-stroked skin.

Which makes me wonder things about you and your "Navajo" background,
and why you always claimed to be allergic to peppermints.

....I have no idea.

~Hammeh

No comments: