3.6.10

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

I'm starting to struggle with this blog....but I won't give up!! D;

Swimming
The deep end of the pool calls to me,
I imagine a body like a whip, smooth and thin,
and how it slips into the crisp water of the outdoor pool,
the way her hands fold together and form a point.

Her eyes closed and a thin smile on her lips.
I can imagine these things, and the black and blue of her suit,
the streamlined curve of the blue as it traces her body,
and I can see her plunge into the waters of my mind.

And, like a knife to the brain, I am more awake--and more dead,
than I have ever felt before.
The water around me freezes and my mind goes searingly blank,
and my body struggles to keep itself above the surface.

When my eyes open, there is nothing but blue for miles and miles.
~Hammeh

No comments: